I owe this recipe to my son Jacob. He told me my Pistachio Crusted Salmon recipe is the best Salmon recipe I make. Since I always have extra Salmon at the end of dinner, his comment got me thinking and I came up with this little doozy. It’s simple to pull together and is a healthy and delicious appetizer or lunch.
- 1 pound of skinned salmon, baked (directions below)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup salted Pistachio, shelled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkling of garlic salt
- Sprinkling of lemon pepper seasoning
- Water Crackers
To prepare Salmon: Place on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and juiced lemon. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Place baked Salmon in bowl with all the remaining ingredients and stir with fork to flake fish and combine evenly.
Lay crackers out on plate you plan to serve them on and then use a 1 tablespoon measurer and place on each cracker. Serve.
You can serve this warm or cold. You can also eat this for lunch on a great toasted bread or a bed of lettuce.