I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday. I usually do a big post on what we served for T-day, but it was just hubs, pugs and I this year as I was flying out the next day for a business trip. However, I still cooked up a storm, as you can see the highlights below. I might have gone a little crazy for a dinner for just two people!
Orange cranberry muffins just call out the holiday season studded with bright pretty red cranberries and scented with just a bit of orange zest and juice. This is the time to get your citrus and fresh cranberries after all!
Whipped easily together without a mixer, it’s a quick breakfast treat perfect for any morning and they are made with low-fat Greek yogurt – so you know kind of guilt free.
Orange Cranberry Muffins
Author: Susan Palmer
Recipe type: Muffins, Bread, Breakfast, Brunch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- ¼ butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- juice from 1 orange
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with muffin/cupcake liners or spray with baking spray if not using liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Remove 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients and toss it together with the fresh cranberries – set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, melted butter, egg and orange juice.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix in the wet, stirring to combine but careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the cranberries, making sure to evenly distribute through the batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a small ladle, evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the tin and let cool on a wire rack before serving.